Conference Room 1 UN HQ, New York
CSW63 side event, organised by the Council of Europe, the Inter-Parliamentary Union and Finland’s Permanent Mission to the UN as part of the Finnish presidency of the Council of Europe, to take stock of ongoing legal and policy initiatives to end violence against women in politics and to share experiences and lessons learned from their implementation.
The event also aims to strengthen partnerships at global, regional and local levels, as well as to increase the impact of the work and efforts in this area in the presence of high-level panellists, some of whom will share their own experiences as women politicians.
- Liliane Maury Pasquier, President, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Gabriela Cuevas, President, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Päivi Sillanaukee, Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health Finland
- Charles Ramsden, Chair, Gender Equality Commission of the Council of Europe
- Dubravka Šimonović,UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Purna Sen, UN Women Spokesperson on Addressing Sexual Harassment and Other Forms of Discrimination
- Marja Ruotanen, Director, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
For further information, please click here.