United Nations Headquarters in New York
The seventh ECOSOC Youth Forum, to be held at the UN Headquarters from 30 to 31 January 2018, will be an opportunity for young people to share their perspectives and engage on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and its review during the ECOSOC High-level Segment, including the High-level Political Forum (HLPF), which will be held in July 2018 on the themes “From global to local: supporting sustainable and resilient societies in urban and rural communities” and “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”, respectively.
The 2018 HLPF will focus on reviewing progress on the following SDGs:
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all (Goal 6);
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all (Goal 7); #YOUTH2030 2
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable (Goal 11);
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns (Goal 12);
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainable manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity loss (Goal 15); and
- Strengthen the means of implementation and Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development (Goal 17).
The Forum will bring youth leaders from around the world to the United Nations Headquarters in New York. It will give them the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector.
Click here to learn more.